Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic individual desiring to serve for the science and humanity. I am a competent researcher with sound technical knowledge in virology/immunology/cancer biology/rare genetic disorders research. Possess excellent communication, and team player supported by strong self-motivation.
Presently working as Director of SCANGENE Labs pvt. Ltd. & Lab Banaras, Varanasi.
Worked as a postdoctoral fellow in Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology at Morehouse School of Medicine. (May 2012-December 2014).
Worked as a JRF and SRF from Jan 2006 to Jan 2012 as part of PhD in Department of Pathology, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Successfully established a Biotechnology start-up, and overseen a major collaboration in technology and facility exchange with MNNIT, Allahabad and many other institutes. Successfully diagnosed many rare genetic disorders and cancer markers in patients referred from prestigious institutes BHU, Varanasi; MAMC, Delhi; RML, Lucknow; AIIMS, New Delhi. Have earned vast experience in virology/immunology/rare genetic disorders & cancer biology. Have trained several graduate and postgraduate students in their summer training and dissertation programs and have successfully conducted many biotechnology workshops in different institutes. We as a team have also developed many diagnostic products as a cheaper alternate for high end molecular tests.
- Gupta P, Sharma PK, Mir H, Singh R, Singh N, Kloecker GH, Lillard JW Jr. and Singh S. CCR9/CCL25 expression in non-small cell lung cancer correlates with aggressive disease and mediates key steps of metastasis. Oncotarget 2014 Oct 30. 5(20): 10170-9.
- Singh R, Gupta P, Kloecker GH, Stockard CR, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. Expression and clinical significance of CXCR5/CXCL13 in human non-small cell lung carcinoma. Int J Oncol 2014 Dec. 45(6): 2232-40.
- Singh R, Gupta P, Sharma PK, Ades EW, Hollingshead SK, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. Prediction and Characterization of helper T cell epitopes from pneumococcal surface adhesin A (PsaA). Immunology. 2014 April. 141(4): 514-30.
- El-Haibi CP, Sharma P, Singh R, Gupta P, Taub DD, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. Differential G protein subunit expression by prostate cancer cells and their interaction with CXCR5. Mol Cancer. 2013 Jun 18, 12(1): 64.
- El-Haibi CP, Singh R, Gupta P, Sharma PK, Greenleaf KN, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. Antibody microarray analysis of signaling networks regulated by CXCL13 and CXCR5 in prostate cancer. J Proteomics Bioinform. 2012; 5(8): 177-184.
- Gupta P, Jagya N, Prabhu SB, Durgapal H, Acharya SK, Panda SK. Immunohistochemistry for diagnosis of Hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection. J Viral Hepat. 2012 Feb, 19(2): e177-83.
- Prabhu SB*, Gupta P*, Durgapal H, Rath S, Gupta SD, Acharya SK, Panda SK. Study of cellular immune response against Hepatitis E Virus (HEV). J Viral Hepat. 2011, 18, 587-594. *Equal contribution
- Gupta P, Tayal R, Durgapal H, Rath S, Acharya SK, Panda SK. Development of highly sensitive Bicistronic vector based non-radioactive antigen-specific cytotoxicity assay. J Immunol Methods. 2009; 349(1-2):28-37.
- Thangaraj K, Chaubey G, Kivisild T, Selvi Rani D, Singh VK, Ismail T, Carvalho-Silva D, Metspalu M, Bhaskar LV, Reddy AG, Chandra S, Pande V, Prathap Naidu B, Adarsh N, Verma A, Jyothi IA, Mallick CB, Shrivastava N, Devasena R, Kumari B, Singh AK, Dwivedi SK, Singh S, Rao G, Gupta P, Sonvane V, Kumari K, Basha A, Bhargavi KR, Lalremruata A, Gupta AK, Kaur G, Reddy KK, Rao AP, Villems R, Tyler-Smith C, Singh L. Maternal footprints of Southeast Asians in North India. Hum Hered. 2008; 66(1):1-9.
- Gupta P, Panda SK, Acharya SK. Hepatitis E virus vaccine. Chapter 8, page 66-76. Book Adult Immunization, published by The Association of Physicians of India 2009. ISBN No. 81-8448/673/1.
Awards and Fellowships
- American Association of Immunologists –Laboratory Travel Award (2013).
- Society for Basic Urologic Research (SBUR), Travel award (2013).
- Senior Research Fellow of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) from 2008-2011.
Qualified Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) next 100 in life sciences of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in year 2005.